• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

national insurance payments

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

national insurance payments

Hi Folks
    Just joined forum as could do with a few questions answered.
    I will post just the One now.
    I have been classed as self employed since 1992. recently I was asked by a company who I had done a bit of work for through an Agency I was asked if I would do another job for them outside of the Agency, they would only accept this if I was a Limited Company which I was not.
    I told them I was Ltd and sent in the applications to become so and this went through OK!
    I have done the work for them for the last couple of Months and did not need the Ltd part after all as they are paying me through PAYE to my own name.
    The problem is that I am paying National Insurance contributions through there PAYE and also through my Self Employed Diract debit as usual.
    Do I get the contributions Back / Can I reclaim them. Do I stop the Direct Debit.
    Any information will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Moscow
    [email protected]

Originally posted by moscow View Post
    Hi Folks
    Just joined forum as could do with a few questions answered.
    I will post just the One now.
    I have been classed as self employed since 1992. recently I was asked by a company who I had done a bit of work for through an Agency I was asked if I would do another job for them outside of the Agency, they would only accept this if I was a Limited Company which I was not.
    I told them I was Ltd and sent in the applications to become so and this went through OK!
    I have done the work for them for the last couple of Months and did not need the Ltd part after all as they are paying me through PAYE to my own name.
    The problem is that I am paying National Insurance contributions through there PAYE and also through my Self Employed Diract debit as usual.
    Do I get the contributions Back / Can I reclaim them. Do I stop the Direct Debit.
    Any information will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Moscow
    [email protected]
    Which problem do you want solving?
    1. Trying to work as self-employed when you are actually an employee, and have overpaid NIC:
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTax...ax/DG_10014924

2. Closing down the Limited Company that you appear to have, but have not used?

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg...mId=1073792347

Comment

Keep Ltd

No
      I wish to keep the Ltd Company that I have told the revenue is dormant at the moment.
      Can I claim back NI Contributions.
      I work under PAYE and also have Self Employed work.
      I do my own accounting at the end of the Year.
      Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X