• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Non UK business bank account for a UK ltd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non UK business bank account for a UK ltd

Hi,

I have been based in Spain for a few years working as a permanent employee. I am now considering setting myself as a limited company (UK, since I will trade mostly with UK customers).

I have read how difficult it was to open a UK business account even for UK citizen, so I would think that for me who is not based in the UK it will be a nightmare to try to open a business account from overseas.

Question:

-Can I operate legally a limited company using a business account from another EU country ? are there any specificitie I should be aware of?

-Are there a way to setup a business bank account in the UK hassle free while being a foreign citizen without permanent address in the UK or credit history ?

Many thanks,

Tachikoma

I'm sure that if you travel to the UK once, with all identification and address documentation , you should be able to open an account ...

Originally posted by tachikoma
    Hi,

I have been based in Spain for a few years working as a permanent employee. I am now considering setting myself as a limited company (UK, since I will trade mostly with UK customers).

I have read how difficult it was to open a UK business account even for UK citizen, so I would think that for me who is not based in the UK it will be a nightmare to try to open a business account from overseas.

Question:

-Can I operate legally a limited company using a business account from another EU country ? are there any specificitie I should be aware of?

-Are there a way to setup a business bank account in the UK hassle free while being a foreign citizen without permanent address in the UK or credit history ?

Many thanks,

Tachikoma

Comment

A friend came over from Sweden, started a new contract, setup a company and had no problems opening a business account with HSBC. So I dont think its that hard.

Comment

Working...
      X