• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella company charging me to leave

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella company charging me to leave

Until about 6 weeks ago I was a contractor, working through an umbrella company. Then I became a permie, told said umbrella that I would be leaving. They've paid all my invoices, returned all my holiday funds, so am very pleased with their service.

Except for one minor thing, on their last payroll sheet it says "Other Deductions: £10". So I asked what that was for. The answer is it's an admin fee relating to the stuff they had to do when I left, presumably things like raising P45.

Okay, it's only £10, but should I ignore it? I don't remember reading anywhere that they would charge me when I left. And what other employer (for that's what they really are) would charge you money if you left them?

Ignore it, leave on a good note even if it is a £10 one.
    problems in the future with tax and you may need their assistance.
    or you may want to go back on the road.

Good luck in the permie role by the way
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I wouldn't lose sleep over a tenner if they've done you a good service, like the man says, it doesn't all end the day you leave, you may need them in the future pending anything which might arise..
      The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Me either...

Comment

I agree. I'm quite happy to recommend them to anyone who's looking - they're called Green Lantern 35 Ltd .

Comment

Working...
          X