• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flexible working

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
    She is - but she has been at this hospital for 4 years and has had to fight for every single course and seminar she has been on and that doesnt amount to much!! They wanted her for the experience gained in London hospitals as a locum and when she came out to "the sticks" they wanted to pigeon hole her, not develop her and force her to teach. She did it once and then refused stating it wasnt in her contract.

She has experience in a key area of U/S and wanted to set up a team to allow the department to do this scanning but they refused her and promoted one of their "pets", set her on a training course and now she is attempting to set up a similar team.

Personally, I think she would be better off out of the hospital - she would certainly be MUCH happier!!!

Thanks for your support OG.
    No probs - hospitals 'in the sticks' can be great but can be terrible. One of the difficulties is there's nowhere else you can go and it's full of people who've worked there for 1000 years and haven't forgotten how Vera got that promotion back in '53 and it should have been mine and now I'll make everyone else's life hell to try and ease the pain of my empty life.

Good luck.

Comment

OG - showed this thread to my wife and it put a smile on her face.

We have spent this afternoon producing a response to them. I can see the sweat forming on the face of her manager and HR bod already......!!

Have a great weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
        OG - showed this thread to my wife and it put a smile on her face.

We have spent this afternoon producing a response to them. I can see the sweat forming on the face of her manager and HR bod already......!!

Have a great weekend!
        Will do - they forgot to renew my contract today so I am a gentleman of leisure.

Comment

What is all this talk?

Employers, Unions, rights, policies, trusts.....

Sounds like Communism to me....

Comment

Working...
          X