• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What to Put on Guarantor for lease

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to Put on Guarantor for lease

My wife is in the process of signing a lease on a office for her "startup".

As part of the process - the landlord has hired a letting agency which performs all sorts of "checks" on us. I've volunteered to be the guarantor. Now the quandry is do I declare myself employed or self-employed?

I would be inclined to put employed as I legally am employed - but then of course my declared salary is very low compared to my revenue. If I declare self-employed then I'm supposed to present my tax returns to them.

These robots at the letting agency are hilarious - "we must have a landline for your employer" ha ha. I am the employer you tw4t!

Any ideas.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

I would say definitely employed.

If they have a problem with your declared salary, then you might need to show them last years company accounts etc to prove you've got some cash behind you.

Comment

Working...
    X