• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wages/Dividends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wages/Dividends

Does anyone know if there is limit to how many dividends you can take in a month or the amount. Is there a restriction in amount too?

You can take what you like as long as it is profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesdev
      Does anyone know if there is limit to how many dividends you can take in a month or the amount. Is there a restriction in amount too?
      Ask your accountant if they can provide sample meeting minutes and tax vouchers. These will need to be filled out each time you declare/take the divi.

Comment

Originally posted by max
        Ask your accountant if they can provide sample meeting minutes and tax vouchers. These will need to be filled out each time you declare/take the divi.
        or you can do it yourself - what with you running your company and all...
        Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird
          or you can do it yourself - what with you running your company and all...
          Yes...that's why I said ask them for a sample.

Comment

Originally posted by max
            Is it not possible to take the divis, and then at the end of the year the accountant could retrospectively draw up the correct paper work???

Comment

my accountant said that you can only take up to 5k per month and the rest has to be declared as a BIK? Is this correct?

Stupidly i've been drawing a few 1k divi's per month as i've been doing up the house!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes
                Is it not possible to take the divis, and then at the end of the year the accountant could retrospectively draw up the correct paper work???
                Yes, but that probably counts as fraud.

All you need to do is sign a piece of paper.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

my accountant said that you can only take up to 5k per month and the rest has to be declared as a BIK? Is this correct?
                  One of you is very confused. If it's him, get a better accountant.

£5K is the limit for a director's loan, so that's probably where the confusion lies.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Stupidly i've been drawing a few 1k divi's per month as i've been doing up the house!
                    you can take as much as you liek as dividend PROVIDING the company is making the profit to cover it.

What you accountant is probably refering to is the personal tax limits - once you hit about £38k [ that includes dividend, gross salary & bank interest ] then any additional you start paying tax on your dividend.
                    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
                    X