• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PSC (formerly composite) gone bust?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you fell for the old "we'll call you back" line ?

Have they ?

Comment

Yes they have, she emailed me copies of all my payslips and rang me back to resolve my other enquiries .

Comment

Wow somebody who joined today to give over the impression that they are getting thier act together and really do have wonderful cunstomer service....

God i'm getting old and cynical....

Comment

more like old and dyslectic, or incredibly bad at spelling

Comment

It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

cunstomer was more likely a Freudian slip. I must have been thinking of something else while typing....

Comment

Originally posted by Newby
                more like old and dyslectic, or incredibly bad at spelling
                Ah, the alternative, American spelling of dyslexic!
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I have George W Bush working my spell check!!!

p.s for all those brooksonites, this is off HMRC website

In response to the legislation published at Budget, a number of providers are telling their clients that they (the providers) are not MSC providers, rather that they are accountants. They are therefore telling clients that their companies are not caught by the legislation.
                  Based on the advertising material seen, it is HMRC’s view that many of these organisations are MSC providers as defined in the new legislation. Whether or not the new tax rules apply will depend on the precise relationship between the MSC provider and the client company.
                  Individuals operating through service companies, particularly those who believe that prior to 6 April they would have been within “IR35”, should consider carefully their and their company’s relationship with the MSC provider. If a service company is within the legislation and the company fails to operate PAYE, this could result in individuals being held personally liable for the PAYE debts of the company.

Run for the nearest high street accountant IMHO!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Newby
                    Run for the nearest high street accountant IMHO!!!!!
                    I've always had one - found him in the Yellow Pages and he's been excellent. Not necessarily as cheap as some of the others mentioned here, but at least I have complete peace of mind in this matter.
                    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Well I now have all the monies owed to me, and the VAT reg. has gone through too. Must be just a coincidence that Brookson phoned me the day after I posted on this (and Shout99) sites after the weeks of being unable to contact them. Also got a response to my emails .... 4 weeks after I sent them. So things have improved, but the jury is still out right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X