• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax when invoicing every fortnight

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax when invoicing every fortnight

Hello,

I'm with Parasol at the moment and my agency will invoice the client every fortnight which means Parasol will have to invoice my agency every fortnight too.
    Is the tax calculation automatically adjusted by Parasol? As I get paid twice a month, I'm worried I'll pay double the tax (as if I got 2 monthly salaries in one month).

I know a guy from work who was with Giant and had this problem with them.

Any thoughts?

if they make that kind of schoolboy error, run like hell.

Comment

having just left parasol after 3 years to form my own ltd i was under the understanding that the tax is worked out on the invoice that is made regardless of how many payments you will make in that month. I had anything from 1 to 4 paymenst a month (depending on holidays and managing to get timesheets singed)

come the end of the year it is all balanced out and in most cases the tax man has given me some money back

if unsure you are best to ask Parasol
      Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Parasol will run the pay run weekly or monthly. You're probably best opting for monthly. They'll just sit on any money due to you until their internal timescales dishes it out

Comment

Working...
        X