• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Requesting References

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule
    Just an update.

I gave them references. I gave them the contact details of the other agencies who i contracted through.

Perfect eh?

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
      Just an update.

I gave them references. I gave them the contact details of the other agencies who i contracted through.

Perfect eh?
      Sheer genius

Comment

LOL

The Rec Consultant is trying it! He wants to do less work and wants names off your references so he can call them for business

Oldest trick in the book.

Comment

Originally posted by boxman
          As you've been with your client for 6 months already then I'd ask them outright whether this is indeed a change of policy or the agency is just fishing for new contacts to pester.
          Even if it is a change of policy on the part of the agency, it is not obvious that you are obliged to agree with it.
          God made men. Sam Colt made them equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Euro-commuter
            Even if it is a change of policy on the part of the agency, it is not obvious that you are obliged to agree with it.
            AS someone mentioned, the big finance companies require it. I wasn't able to start my current contract without a 5 year background check. If they don't get confirmed responses, you can't start work with them.. simple as that.

If you say no, you may find yourself not providing services to them anymore, simple really..

Comment

Working...
            X