• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting hold of P45

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting hold of P45

I was with an umbrella company which I have now left for my own limited company. They're ignoring my requests for a P45. Any suggestions what I can do about it?

Go round, tooled up if at all possible.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by squiggle
      I was with an umbrella company which I have now left for my own limited company. They're ignoring my requests for a P45. Any suggestions what I can do about it?
      Keep hassling them. It took a lot of effort for me to get mine from Giant. In the meantime unfortunately you'll have to go on a non-cumulative tax code (i.e. you pay a little bit more tax up front) but at the end of the day you won't lose out because once you do get your P45 you can sort it all out yourself so you haven't overpaid. It's not siginificant financially but very friustrating I know!

You can fill in a P46 (which is for people who don't have a P45 e.g. they lost it) and if you haven't been employed this tax year you can go straight onto a cumulative 522L code which is what you want. So the P45 is only an issue if it relates to employment since 6th April.

Hope that makes sense ...

Comment

Working...
      X