• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

company secretary salary

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

company secretary

Hi

I am about to make a new UK small ltd company and according to the law, I need to appoint a company secretary

Is that a minimum number of hours for having this company secretary or a value of working contract ? part-time is allowed like 1 hour daily ?

thanks a lot

Comment

I think the law has changed and you no longer need a company secretary.

When looking into this I decided that it was easier not to bother paying my wife a salary as I could just pay her additional dividends (she is also a director) and not have to bother about PAYE + NI.

Comment

We don't pay our company secratary anything.
        Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by clwd View Post
          How much salary do you pay to your company secretary (spouse) in your ltd company?
          I pay Mrs Gonzo nothing for being the Company Secretary, the duties are very light for a company like mine.

For us there was no point looking at it as a tax reduction opportunity by paying her something becuase she was already a higher-rate tax payer from her regular job.

Comment

£6k. and she provides good service for that amount.

Comment

Working...
            X