• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Limited / Umbrella / IR35 Insurance / Qdos

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio
    I think you should go permie. PCG don't do reviews. IR reviews are hardly impartial. Umbrellas don't do dispensations on expenses. You haven't even read what PCG, WDOS and anyone else actually offer under their insurance.

I mean, come on, you cannot be real, so stop trying to wind everyone up. It's not even vaguely amusing
    Thanks Lewis your input is very much appreciated.

Malvolio why is it that whenever someone starts a thread it ends up with you and the writer wasting the rest of the thread insulting and arguing with each other rather then answering the question properly. If we all new as much as you did we wouldnt be on here asking questions in the first place.

As for your comments:

I would go permie if they would let me because im fed up with all this contracting msc/ir35 crap
    PCG reviewed my contract I submitted it under my work colleagues membership as part of the extra service he has as shown on this link
    http://www.pcg.org.uk/cms/index.php?...142&Itemid=159
    I agree IR is impartial but better to know which areas they stated made me inside so I can work on them and get myself outside
    JSA and most others have dispensations from the IR not to check for up to 75% of claimable expenses and are hardly checked
    I have read both PCG and Qdos's insurance schemes hence I picked up on the full tax cover issue

I think Lewis has the best plan that I get basic legal cover for the 2 years and hope if challenged they stand up to the test

I presume maybe incorrectly that if I show the IR that a professional body has stated that I am outside IR35 that it shows that at least I am not trying to con them and so should spare any extra penalties and minus the corporation tax I have paid should reduce the bill I get

Comment

PCG reviewed my contract I submitted it under my work colleagues membership as part of the extra service he has as shown on this link
      http://www.pcg.org.uk/cms/index.php...=142&Itemid=159
      which is a member only service that I and others pay for that you have misappropriated. Nice, I hope you are more honest with your clients...

OK, so we won't agree. You think contracting is a hassle, mainly becuase you don't understand it, I see it as a lifestyle choice because I do. Neither of us is wrong, one of us is in the wrong job. Don't criticise what you don't understand.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by cartlidgea
        I presume maybe incorrectly that if I show the IR that a professional body has stated that I am outside IR35 that it shows that at least I am not trying to con them and so should spare any extra penalties
        Yes, I think that is true. In actual fact I think I read somewhere that penalties have never been applied in an IR35 case as status is so difficult to prove it is hard for HMRC to argue deliberate avoidance.

Comment

That was me...

They apply penalties if you deliberately mis-report your status. If you have made an effort to assess your status but got it wrong, you won't ge penalised, only pay back the tax and interest. Whic is entirely reasonable.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
          X