• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PI Insurance for Investment Banking contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PI Insurance for Investment Banking contractors

Most PI insurance policies I've been given quotes for, make you pay an enormous premium for working on live trading systems.

I work in the investment banking sector but don't CURRENTLY work on a live trading system. However that may change soon, so I would prefer to cover myself for that scenario.

Does anyone on here working in IB have PI insurance they can recommend?

I've been given a quote of around GBP350 by Trafalgar Risk Management for 500k PI (includes mandatory 10k Tax/VAT investigations), and I can't find any disclaimers re working on trading systems.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Ash

Hi Ash,

Have been watching your post in the hope that someone answered as I have a similar set up. My Ltd is set up and I'm just waiting for the VAT registration to come through before using it.

Was gonna use Hiscox for the PI Insurance. Didnt realise that working on live trading systems is taken into account.

Im a consultant to a deployment team and provide support to clients on both BUAT and Live trading systems.

Can anyone offer Ash and I any advice on what the impact is on PI Insurance for working on live trading systems in Investment Banks?

Regards,
    Alan

Comment

I wouldn't bother. You won't need it. If you f**k up that badly on a live trading system at worst you'll be marched off site straight away, your permie boss may well follow you, and his boss will lose some bonus.

And if you do f**k up that badly you're probably a permie in disguise.

Comment

Hi Reginald,

I wouldnt bother either if it was down to me because;

1. I won't f**k up at all, never mind that badly.

& 2. It would save me about 300 notes a year.

However, its a mandatory requirement for the contract so will need to get it.

Anyone else got any info on this?

Comment

Think we all back ourselves not to need it, otherwise we wouldn't have the b@llz to go out and contract in the first place. Unfortunately it's mandatory for some of us, plus there's always that 0.0001% chance...

Anyway, been given a tip by a colleague for the company thru which he gets his insurance:
          http://www.dallaskirkland.co.uk

Can get basic PI and PL without EL for 160 bones a year. Get on it.

Comment

Nice one Ash!

Will check it out.

Cheers,
            Alan

Comment

Hi Ash,

The Dallas Kirkland site would only offer me a quote that included the public products liability insurance (£280 for 6 months). I called them and they directed me to thier other website simplyconsultants co uk which offered me a better quote £140 but the terms and conditions contained the following;

1. I do not get involved in any of the following:-
               Financial trading control systems
               Provision of web hosting services
               The design of network security systems
               The design of websites where financial transactions can be made

Am not complaining as was grateful for the reccomendation. Just a heads up to check that your quote doesnt contain the same restriction.

Cheers,
              Alan

Comment

Hey Alan

Thx for that. I filled out the quote on their site and I'm getting £100k PI, £1m PL and £10k for £160/year... read the T's & C's and there are no exclusions about working on trading systems that I could find.

Comment

Working...
                X