• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

opinions on umbrella company procedure?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opinions on umbrella company procedure?

Apologies for my lack of knowledge but wanted thoughts on below. Spoke to an umbrella company, orchard financial services today and wondered if anyone had an opinion either way on their service.

Intersting point, consultant said they take out flat £25 fee/wk and pay rest of wage to me. i.e gross without tax or NI deducted. He then said its my obligation to put enough away to cover tax and ni at the end of the financial year when doing self assessment tax. Thought they had to deduct tax and NI when paying me. I'm confused ?????

I cannot believe I am first to say it!
    Why would you pay £25 for someone to do nothing?

Comment

£1200 PA for doing nothing when an accountant will do it all for about £800 PA? Are you mad???
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
      X