• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax implications on Secretary

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swebb
    Self assesment ! Why were you paying him or have I missed something. I thought if you weren't paying for the role it was basically just a signatory role and the tax man didn't need to get involved at all as far as they were concerned
    Yes, I made him a director also to pay him some divis, saved a bit of tax but wasn't worth the aggro. It was the director bit that caused the self assesment. I'm just pointing out that involving oldies in things that require them to sign things can make them worry. I've now got a wife to sign things she doesn't understand so it's not a problem anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall
      Yes, I made him a director also to pay him some divis, saved a bit of tax but wasn't worth the aggro. It was the director bit that caused the self assesment. I'm just pointing out that involving oldies in things that require them to sign things can make them worry. I've now got a wife to sign things she doesn't understand so it's not a problem anymore.
      Ah ok catch your drift thanks for that. My mother will just be signing for the opening of the bank account and the year end accounts. So like other have said should not be caught up in anything tax based that the IR would be interested in.
      When a man says his word is as good as his bond take his bond.

Comment

Working...
      X