• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCG Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheRightStuff
    Just called Qdos and I made a mistake. All I need from them is Prof. Ind. (£150), public liability not employers (£52.5) and TLC 35 Insurance (£325).

Total = 527.5.

I bet molivio will be impressed that I've done some research. Lets have a look and see if he's going to have a moan in this post about seaching etc.
    Plus you have to pay for a contract review so either join club for £41 (get 3 free reviews per year) or pay £150 for a full review. Got I'm sounding like a bl^^dy QDOS salesman now

Comment

OK, you're wrong. Why insure for something that won't happen. Do you have specific anti-meteor strike insurance for your house?
      1430 challenged cases in three years, 3 losses in the first six months, none since. But it's your money, go away and waste it.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
        Plus PCG insurance is for all contracts, not just those you have had reviewed.
        QDOS is the same. You only need a review to get tax loss cover. Without review you get same deal as PCG, i.e. representation costs paid.

Comment

OK, you're wrong. Why insure for something that won't happen. Do you have specific anti-meteor strike insurance for your house?
          1430 challenged cases in three years, 3 losses in the first six months, none since. But it's your money, go away and waste it.
          tell that to the 3 losses.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis
            QDOS is the same. You only need a review to get tax loss cover. Without review you get same deal as PCG, i.e. representation costs paid.
            So are you saying Qdos is good or just go for PCG plus.

Comment

it's all so much clearer now :

http://forums.contractoruk.com/thread16948.html

what % you getting.

Comment

I push the PCG because it is worth supporting and too many people keep seeing it as just another insurance company. Which iit isn't, if you look at the ther thread I started this morning where PCG was behind a major attack on IR35 in the HoC. And I'm standing for election to an unpaid position because I want to push it in the right direction.

But if you live in a land of philistines, why should I expect understanding...
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I push the PCG because it is worth supporting and too many people keep seeing it as just another insurance company. Which iit isn't, if you look at the ther thread I started this morning where PCG was behind a major attack on IR35 in the HoC. And I'm standing for election to an unpaid position because I want to push it in the right direction.

But if you live in a land of philistines, why should I expect understanding...
                  whatever. Polite as usual. You seem very helpful but with a chip on your shoulder. If you're upset ansewering the same questions all the time then don't bother. Qdos here I come.

Comment

Don't get it do you? I'm not that bothered about which insurance you get and why. All I'm trying to do is make people look at all sodes of the arguments. If I son't win, then fine, at least I tried.

As for polite, why should I be, when every week we see people crashing into the board asking the same dumbass questions. About one in twenty gets it and responds positively. The rest I could care less about - if they can't cope with honest straight talking from me, they're going to struggle as a standalone freelance.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Don't get it do you? I'm not that bothered about which insurance you get and why. All I'm trying to do is make people look at all sodes of the arguments. If I son't win, then fine, at least I tried.

As for polite, why should I be, when every week we see people crashing into the board asking the same dumbass questions. About one in twenty gets it and responds positively. The rest I could care less about - if they can't cope with honest straight talking from me, they're going to struggle as a standalone freelance.
                      Being freelance is not about being straight talking or polite. It's about being professional. Your response is not. If you are not polite then you will struggle.
                      You may think many questions are stupid because you think you are the 'fountain of all knowledge'. However, the people who 'crash into the board' are not crashers but new members who have little experience and require assistance.

Maybe more people would join the PCG but because of the way you reply to their questions you put them off. Next time some 'crasher ' asks a 'dumb' question why not simply paste the link to another thread. It would take you less time to do this then going on about searching and having a go at new members. Funny the 1st few times I read your posts but now it's just getting boring ............... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Working...
                      X