• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor & Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crossroads
    Some of what you are asking implies you are already are breaking the law - you are legally required to have ELI.
    Are you sure about that? I gathered from a previous thread that it was not a legal requirement for one-man limited companies.

Comment

Originally posted by Crossroads
      Some of what you are asking implies you are already are breaking the law - you are legally required to have ELI.
      I've never had any of them and last time I checked you didn't need any insurance. Has it changed !?

Beaten to it, pretty sure you don't need it !?

Comment

My understanding is that you need Public liability insurance to be legal...(which costs pennies)...but you do not need ELI as a small one-man band...the law changed in Feb '05
        Property advisor for the people

Comment

Originally posted by Vito
          My understanding is that you need Public liability insurance to be legal...(which costs pennies)...but you do not need ELI as a small one-man band...the law changed in Feb '05
          No, apparently you don't need ELI if company only employs the person who owns over 50% of it.

However, if you've found somewhere you can get it for pennies, unless you mean tens of thousands of pennies, I'd be interested to hear where.

Comment

Originally posted by ittony
            No, apparently you don't need ELI if company only employs the person who owns over 50% of it.

However, if you've found somewhere you can get it for pennies, unless you mean tens of thousands of pennies, I'd be interested to hear where.
            According to the quote Dallas Kirkland provided me online, £10k of ELI is thrown in free with my policy. I'm getting £100k PI, £1m PL and £10k for £160/year. Raising the PI to £250k ups the premium to around £220/year. I didn't experiment with £1m and £2m cover.

http://www.dallaskirkland.co.uk

Comment

I joined www.ContactorAlliance.co.uk and got 20% of insurance through Caunce O'Hara. Seemed like a good deal but I didn't look around that much.

Comment

Working...
              X