• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recently setup LTD company via Giant - PROOF scheme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recently setup LTD company via Giant - PROOF scheme

I just applied for PROOF (PROtected Online Filing) for my company, which Giant setup recently.

PROOF is added security offered by Companies House in the light of the recent '287 scam'where fraudsters have manually submitted a 287 to request a change of address, thereby being able to order goods on credit or even setting up a new bank account against their newly registered PO box or anonymous short term address.

Basically it means you can only file certain forms yourself, online, with a special code.

I was surprised to find on application my company has already been allocated a code, in help is says "If your company has been purchased from a third party (e.g. an incorporation or formation agent) a company authentication code may have been requested when the company was initially incorporated."

So I assume Giant did this ... it is easy to get the code re-sent.

I'd advise people who recently got Ltd companies from Giant (that they wish to keep) to get the code sent to them as otherwise you can't change some of your company details!

Here's the link ... https://ewf.companieshouse.gov.uk/

Working...
X