• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Limited company insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by itcontractor07
    I have just worked out and found the best deal out of my research as below.

Considering IR35 insurance which also covers your tax liabilities along with the usual legal fees, although the indemnity limit is 50K.

I have given below the comparison of taking all the required insurances from just Qdos and a combination of Qdos and Cuance ohara via Contractor Alliance. If you are ok with just the legal fee cover may be you could just pay 60£ to cuance ohara which saves you 265£ and also saves you froom the burden of maintaing two diff companies. In my case I wanted a little bit more peace of mind so went for Qdos TLC35.

From Qdos

EL & PL for 10 million and 1 million - 152.50£
    PI for 250000 - 225.00£
    IR35(Incl fee and any tax liability) - 325.00£
    Total 702.50£

From Cuance oHara (Via Contracor Alliance) & Qdos

Membership Fee(Contractor Alliance - 30£
    EL & PL for 5 Million & PL 1million - 90£
    PI for 250000 -184£
    IR35 Ins incl fee & liabil (Qdos) -325£
    629£

Also I have compared Hiscox for a similar specs (excludig IR35 insurance) and found it to be around 360£, so found the best way to take IR35 from Qdos and rest all from cuance ohara via Contractor Alliance

Sorry guys I cannot get the formatting right, please manage with this.

hope this helps

Cheers
    How did u manage to get EL & PL for 5 Million & PL 1million - 90£ from Caunce O'Hara ? I have become a CA member though their website says the same thing the caunce o'hara does not give an option to get a quote with just EL & PL , they add lot of extra baggage such as portable equipment,business interruption,office contents etc.

Comment

my first post (“oh not another one!” I hear you cry!) so hoping you vets can give this freshy some pointers!

Firstly, I have contracted for a couple of years but have been fairly ignorant until lately, so need to get my house in order. Step 1, sort out my insurance.

I start a new contract next week, and want/need to get PI, PL, EL and also some kind of super cover that will help me if HMRC collar me and decide that I am actually inside IR35 and owe them a whack load of money.

This is an interesting thread which is quite old, but wondering what the best combo is in terms of price and also what I like to call the “weasel” factor; the higher the factor, the more likely the insurers will try to weasel out and use the fine super small print to worm out of it. So I guess what im saying is, reputation.

Ive done some research and qdos and some other company called PCG (??) and also chauce o something or other (affiliated with this forum) have been mentioned…

Any help appreciated.

Comment

The PCG are good guys, worth checking them out as they can get all this stuff sorted for you and more.

You can also shop around the usual suspects for the insurance packages individually if you prefer.
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
          The PCG are good guys, worth checking them out as they can get all this stuff sorted for you and more.

You can also shop around the usual suspects for the insurance packages individually if you prefer.
          Cool. Cheers for the heads up. Looks like lots of reading to do.

Is there / has there been a poll vote to see who is the most popular provider?

Comment

i get a my insurance from KPSOL which is about £370 for EL./PI/PL and some accident cover at work. This price is for Brookson members, but as i was an exBrookson customer last year i managed to haggle with the sales manager to maintain the business, tempting them not to pass on any comission to Brooksons, so we both gained

But heard Caunce Ohara is also worth a shot. But you can get simple cheap PL from directline!

Comment

Im looking around and on the qdos website..the navigation on the website could be more intuitive..!! i'm looking at some products but i can only seem to add the standard listed products in to the basket. e.g. it says "from £595" but i can't seem to amend the difference cover levels..

Anyone have thoughts on the qdos "package 1" cover ? This is 595 and gives you all 4 (tlc, pi, el, ei) however package 2 - cheaper - gives you FTP instead of TLC...not quite sure what the difference is... :S

Does anyone have any bad experiences with these guys?

Comment

Working...
              X