• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forced Opt-out of Agency Regulations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dow Jones,

I'm not aware of the news you are talking about.
    Can you please point me to any link / source?

I've been following the advice from http://www.contractoruk.com/news/001496.html
    Conclusion

Overall, I find it difficult to see that there is any sound commercial reason why a contractor providing services through an agency would wish to opt out of the new regulations.

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
      You sure want to 'opt-in' despite the latest news? If so, you are either stubborn or misinformed (probably both)
      I'm not reading the whole of this thread (esp since Denny is involved), but you haven't got a clue that the proposed Temp equality measures will be included in the current employment business regulations.

Please stop spreading this mis-information.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Ok then

I am told this is the likely scenario. Not misinforming, I'm only trying to steer him away from any pitfalls.
        See if I care.

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
          I am told this is the likely scenario. Not misinforming, I'm only trying to steer him away from any pitfalls.
          See if I care.
          Have you got a source I can look at? AFAIK they haven't even drafted a bill yet so it's all up in the air.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

We'll soon find out

MM, it's been drafted, just not announced yet. I'm relying on client's HR and agency info, sorry I haven't got a link.

Comment

Working...
            X