• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR 35 contract question (newbie)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR 35 contract question (newbie)

I have been working for a company who "contracts" out my services to another company for about 6 months. There are no actual contracts in place either with the company I am paid by or with the company I do the work for. Others have been doing the same for over 2 years with no probs working through a MSC.

Now things are changing and we will be setting up Limited companies and need to make sure we are IR35 compliant. I have looked at several questionaires which give you an idea if you are inside/outside IR35 and it would appear that we are compliant.

My question is - is there anyone I can approach to write a contract for us based on the way we actually work - the company I work for is basically happy for us to do this as long as it doesn't place them under any more obligation than they are now.

Cheers

Originally posted by emf#53
    My question is - is there anyone I can approach to write a contract for us based on the way we actually work - the company I work for is basically happy for us to do this as long as it doesn't place them under any more obligation than they are now.
    Look in the Yellow pages under Legal Practices.

Either that or use the PCG or do a god damn search - whats that three or 4 times this week its come up.

Comment

Originally posted by emf#53
      I have been working for a company who "contracts" out my services to another company for about 6 months. There are no actual contracts in place either with the company I am paid by or with the company I do the work for. Others have been doing the same for over 2 years with no probs working through a MSC.

Now things are changing and we will be setting up Limited companies and need to make sure we are IR35 compliant. I have looked at several questionaires which give you an idea if you are inside/outside IR35 and it would appear that we are compliant.

Cheers
      PCG are the boys - however WORD OF WARNING - The "test" for IR35 revolve around what actually happens in the workplace - NOT whats in your contract, so if the IR ask the end client "do you exercise control over X individual ?" and they answer "yes" [ or for that matter to any of the other tests ] you could be caught.
      Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
      X