• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dividend sharing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ratewhore
    well I'm glad I am 100% shareholder in my company considering I am in the middle of a divorce.

Worth bearing in mind...

TRUE. A friend of mine is similar situation as you, unfortunately he split the company 50:50. Now he is looking to open a new one and close the current one down.

Comment

Hrm, £35 to incorporate yourself again under a new limited, resign as a company director from existing and transfer your shareholding to her, informing companies house and the taxman of such.

She gets the additional headache of having to run the old company or close it down. Your incorporated under a new company, so off you go. As long as you left no money in the old company, bar tax, you should be fine.

Comment

Thanks for your replies.

So I guess I can assume its OK for my girlfriend to be setup as a shareholder (and possibly employee) and I can minimize tax without having to worry about S660?

Comment

Working...
        X