• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permanent Place of Residence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ************

Heh, I've got a clone!

Alas, ************ I'm not your troll, unless I'm having a subconscious identity crisis and my name really is Dave. No, I know Ronald in RL, and like him I'm an IT contractor who works away during the week, but lives with family in London.

I've worked through ParasolIT for the past year, and they've got this 5/7 rule that says I can't claim for weekend rentals on my business flat, I find out now has no basis in the Revenue's own procedure manuals. I've also looked at going through Brookson recently, and was the one who alerted Ronald to their seemingly unfounded policy of having to be the renter or mortgagee.

I suppose I'm just fed up trying to get a definitive consensus on this issue. I'm happy to be proved wrong. I just get hacked off when people in forums present their opinions as fact without providing any supporting evidence for verification.

Comment

Spooky

Ronald,

I will pay you loads of cash for the contract. There you go I can bulls**t really well.

Comment

Re: Blondiebeeb

OK. This is the sort of thing I'm talking about. Blondiebeeb, a citation is an improvement, but it might help if you detail the source.

Googling it, I get 1 link to an old pdf from Jan '98 of Booklet 490, which has been deleted from the IR's site. If you're referring to this document, the quote is quite out-of-context: 8.9 relates specifically to personal tax relief for travel expenses incurred for short-term training courses that are not paid for by one's employer. Further, this reference is not even in the latest version.

Quoting like this is scurrilous, I say!

Comment

Working...
        X