• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

JSA's CHORUS service advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JSA's CHORUS service advice

I am considering using the CHORUS service instead of setting up my own ltd.

I know this is a complicated issue, but are there any negatives (financially etc) to having an accountancy firm manage the ltd co, aside from their fees?

Also, they state that (the company they create) will be VAT registered and is therefore obliged to add VAT to all its invoices. As I will fall below the 50K (or whatever) limit which enforces VAT registration, will this add any benefit over simply not being VAT registered and setting up my own ltd co?

P.S. Contract rate would be approx £168 per day (exc VAT - again don't know if this is relevant) and have been told its IR35-friendly.

Regards
    Smart One

JSA :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
    JSA :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

......you get the general idea ?

Comment

No - enlighten me...

Comment

JSA are reputed to be useless. Try a search here - there may still be some posts highlighting their shortcomings.

You should be free to change accountants at any time - I suspect that this scheme is likely to tie you in to JSA (but I have not checked).

Setting up your own limited company is easy and fairly inexpensive. Many accountants will do it free when you first sign up and it will be your company not theirs.

I must declare an interest though - together with another forum member (Rhino) I run a website for contractors which recommends a number of services which we consider to be best in class and accountancy is one of those services. We are paid introduction fees but those fees do not affect our choice of recommendations.

We are amongst the Useful Sites links at the top of this page.

Comment

....well if you take the time to go through previous posts you will see they have been consistent in their high charges and poor level of service. I was with them once and can speak from personal experience.

Are you suitably enlightened or are you going to blindly go where many men have been before.

Excuse the sarcasm but good advice seems to be a waste of time on this forum and the next thing you know someone will be moaning and asking for help after poor service !!

Comment

JSA are reputed to be useless
            There's no 'reputed' about it, it's a generally acknowledged fact. Mrs Mordys brother (also a contractor) was with them, and had no end of grief. Stay well clear of them, and you won't regret it.

Comment

Just had a look at your site, fiddle - very professional 8) .

I've bookmarked it...

Comment

Working...
              X