• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deep Thought IR35 calculator

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluebird
    Ppe ?
    pension stuff
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Maxamus
      If you get investigated then the contract would not be enough even if it deems you outside of IR35.

To be trully seen as being outside of IR35 would be to show:

- Flexible working. You work the hours you want to work. You dont turn up at a set frequency day in, day out.
      - Working from home
      - Using your own car for site vists rather than a company/pool car
      - use of your own mobile phone
      - using and providing your own PPE
      - not using the set standard (if there is one) and instead using your own.
      - not turning upto team briefs/social events etc
      - not wearing a uniform
      - anything else which creates financial risk for you as a company

etc etc etc...........
      I am as above apart from the fact I can't work from home as I have no link to their secure network and on occasion I need to visit client’s desks.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by jh0711
        thing is in a real investigation they look at your contract, chuck it away and they see how you have actually been working

I am on a project that has a crazy turnover of people, in the event of an investigation one day WHO would they speak to to find out your working practices? Surely they don't take your word for it.... faces change around here from week to week. Just wondering thats all....
        mmmmm stella

Comment

According to this http://calculator.contractoruk.com/

My income would drop to 50% net

I am currently getting about 68% through a brolly.

I am not sure what I will be getting through my new Ltd but it better be somewhere nearer the later figure.

Anyone know what the likely figures would be through a ltd inside and outside assuming a 50k annual income without expenses for ease of comparison?
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird
            Ppe ?
            Personal Protective Equipment

As in high visibility jackets/vests/hard hat/site boots etc.
            Wount apply to you IT people but to highway engineers (like me) these are fundemental for site work
            Last edited by Maxamus; 14 March 2007, 12:58.
            Keep it clean!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet
              pension stuff
              no
              see above post
              Keep it clean!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maxamus
                no
                see above post
                can't argue was your post

incidentally - these are handy as an IT contractor working on site:
                http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vitrex-30-16.../dp/B0001GRVS2
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
                  I am as above apart from the fact I can't work from home as I have no link to their secure network and on occasion I need to visit client’s desks.
                  Dont worry if you cant work from home, not everyone can. Try to seperate yourself by other means from the perm workforce. Like using your own laptop or when communicating with people (bosses, managers etc) use your companies headed paper for letters......or compliments slip.

Theres alot of small things you can do which are minimum effort.
                  Keep it clean!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
                    According to this http://calculator.contractoruk.com/

My income would drop to 50% net

I am currently getting about 68% through a brolly.

I am not sure what I will be getting through my new Ltd but it better be somewhere nearer the later figure.

Anyone know what the likely figures would be through a ltd inside and outside assuming a 50k annual income without expenses for ease of comparison?
                    I usually get about 82% take home, although I do put some expenses through the company - roughtly about £400 per month [ milage etc ]
                    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
                    X