• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Two week break in middle of contract! is it legal?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep def the same company - checked my sources
    If they get low staffed they may panic & pull you back - they did to one of the guys on our site - he only got one day off! He was upset as he'd planned stuff to do - that time it was only 1 week - but I got 1 hours notice.
    Yes, it is probably a breach of contract, but you will be back there in 2 weeks - they only play this game at end of quarter! No-one on our site had this time off used as a "notice" clause. Last time they did this to my knowledge was September last year - which was I believe the first time they tried it!

Comment

I definitely cannot confirm you are wrong :-)

Comment

I know I'm not - I phoned the agency & asked!!
        They were a bit surprised it was already on forums

Comment

Can't imagine why. When a company pulls this kind of stunt you want to talk about and know if it has happened before. I guess the agency would prefer not to talk about it as it doesn't look good for them either.

Comment

This has happened with my client too. Only contractors are to take holiday and minimum of 2 weeks in a single financial year. I work for a financial institue and the reason behind is to make sure you are not doing anything out of ordinary, if you are then it will be picked up since you are not going to be there for 2 weeks.

Comment

I know from experience that investment banks do this, but didn't know they enforce it on subcontractors.
              All that is necessary for evil members to succeed is that good members post nothing

Comment

Working...
              X