• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Writing a Business Plan and Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Writing a Business Plan and Contract

Hi All,

I am setting up my own Ltd for my consultancy work.

I want to do it properly and am gonna put together a business plan and a contract of employment between my Ltd and myself.

Can anyone suggest a good resource for finding a guide to writing a good business plan with sample plans to download (preferably free).

Likewise, any suggestions for writing/downloading sample contracts.

I know that the PCG has sample contracts but these seem to be more geared towards client/agency relationship - not Ltd to employee relationship.

I have been round the houses with google but most of the supposedly free guides want you to part with cash at some point.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
    Alan

The banks do some templates...although I didn't really like them...

I did my own about a year ago...if you PM me I'll be happy to send you mine for you to have a look at...

Comment

I sacked myself, so I could claim dole once when the market was dead. Had to write a letter to my accountant to state the company was releasing my service to further notice. Lasted about 5 days before my next gig, would have cost more in accountants fees that I would have getting in claims and the extra complications on the tax returns.

Won't do it again.

Comment

if yuo sack yourself then who is responsible to run the comapny ??

Comment

If you write yourself an employment contract you'll probably have to pay yourself minimum wage.
          It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

The Microsoft template site -

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...plan&av=TPL000

Comment

Originally posted by Langkawi
              Hi All,

I am setting up my own Ltd for my consultancy work.

I want to do it properly and am gonna put together a business plan and a contract of employment between my Ltd and myself.

Can anyone suggest a good resource for finding a guide to writing a good business plan with sample plans to download (preferably free).

Likewise, any suggestions for writing/downloading sample contracts.

I know that the PCG has sample contracts but these seem to be more geared towards client/agency relationship - not Ltd to employee relationship.

I have been round the houses with google but most of the supposedly free guides want you to part with cash at some point.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
              Alan

Your local business link will probably be able to help you out here. Go to http://www.businesslink.gov.uk initially.

HTH

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

For my last two permie jobs before contracting, the contract was a letter that the company wrote to me, outlining the terms, salary, notice etc. There was no thing more formal - so just write a letter to yourself.

Having a contract may help in a couple of areas - you could include there your right to work from home, and that the company will pay you for use of your home (or as rent of a room). I was reading something recently which also said that you could include mobile phones for members of your family as part of your remuneration package - company pays for them.

Not sure that I'd do it, but I know people who would!
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                X