• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New bank account opening

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSBC took me 30min
    but i have my personal account with them also.
    Loving it
    Keep it clean!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon Williams
      Not yet, they are hoping to launch the web service very soon.

Alan
      They've been saying that for the last 2 years.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Just taken 10 days to get an account setup with Cater Allen. Welcome pack arrived this morning, so would expect cheque book etc over the next few days

Comment

Cater Allen

Cheers for your reply folks!
          Cater Allen have still not managed to open my account and because of them I've not been paid in this year at all. All the money is with agency who are getting fed up as well now.
          They keep receiving docs/ fax and despite answering me that they've received everything to open the account, they went back to my accountant and told him proof of address was missing. This has been posted to them 3 times now. I wonder what is making me still wait and go with them when there are others begging to give them a try.
          I think its the response from other users about Cater Allen that I still want to check them after opening my account.
          Will provide a full update later! Cheers..

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
            They've been saying that for the last 2 years.
            They have and we have been on at them to gets this sorted.

Cater Allen are part of the Abbey Group and they were taken over by a Spanish bank a while back. This seems to have delayed the internet banking project. However I am assured that it is very much back on track.

Alan

Comment

Its amazing how long it varies to open accounts. Not sure I even understand why it there is a difference between personal and business accounts. Some process within reason isn't it?

Mrs Mustang walked into Barclays on monday and got letters yesterday confirming her account had been opened, her pin for her Connect card, her OLB user number and confirming her overdraft facility!

I take my hat off - full credit (pardon the pun!) to Barclays Customer Service!!

Comment

New Bank account opening

Latest update regarding bank account opening from Cater Allen:
                I've finally had my account opened from Cater Allen in 2 months time. So its time to get paid now finally... Although the customer service is great, instant and very rfiendly, apparently they kept losing all the post and fax relating to my account and therefore the person incharge could not open it.

Since me and my accountant Darren (Upton &Co) were on their case, and Darren threatened to pull out further referrals, the account was actioned upon and opened in 2 days flat...

Darren has infact asked for compensation for me, which I am sure if I get would help me buy plasters to heal my wounds... would let you know if I get any..

Thanks to the all the members' feedback on this forum...

Comment

I went with HSBC; it's free as long as you keep within the quotas (ie. 10 cheques per month etc...) plus I went into a branch with my documents and the account was open within half an hour

Comment

Originally posted by ~Craig~
                    I went with HSBC; it's free as long as you keep within the quotas (ie. 10 cheques per month etc...) plus I went into a branch with my documents and the account was open within half an hour
                    Hi,
                    Iam new in the UK since 3 weeks now and i have set up own LTD company.I also have opened a personal current account with HSBC using their passport service(for a 50£ fee u get a personal bank account based on your passport and no usual docs such as utility bills,house agreement etc).

Now i want to open a business bank account and i have included my name in my friend's new rental agreement.So will it enough for me to open a business account based on the company formation doc,rental agreeement and without any utility bills on my name? which bank to go for now? is HSBC the best bet? any hidden bank charges to be wary of?

Thanks for the help
                    AJ1977

Comment

Originally posted by aj1977
                      Hi,
                      Iam new in the UK since 3 weeks now and i have set up own LTD company.I also have opened a personal current account with HSBC using their passport service(for a 50£ fee u get a personal bank account based on your passport and no usual docs such as utility bills,house agreement etc).

Now i want to open a business bank account and i have included my name in my friend's new rental agreement.So will it enough for me to open a business account based on the company formation doc,rental agreeement and without any utility bills on my name? which bank to go for now? is HSBC the best bet? any hidden bank charges to be wary of?

Thanks for the help
                      AJ1977
                      and how are the interest rates in HSBC business account.I understand its free for 18 months initially...

Comment

Working...
                      X