• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My accountant died (RIP) - Anyone using a FreeAgent "CoPilot" ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My accountant died (RIP) - Anyone using a FreeAgent "CoPilot" ?

I'm quite devastated to hear today that my accountant has passed away suddenly and unexpectedly.

Which leaves me urgently seeking a replacement. I could explore local firms, but as I use FreeAgent, I thought I'd click on the Co-Pilot option and see what the options are. There's no one within 150 miles of me! But perhaps that doesn't matter.

Anyone using one of the FreeAgent "Co Pilot" firms? Any recommendations? Feel free to PM if you prefer.

TIA.

Sorry to hear that.

Personally, I would find someone who can do your year end returns only and then handle payroll and VAT etc. yourself.

When you choose, just make sure you don't go with one of the cookie cutter/hand-holdey outfits that is liable to be targeted under Chapter 9 ITEPA (hence the above suggestion). Using FA puts you in a good place anyway, providing you have a suitably high level of access/control, but it's better to be safe.

Comment

Working...
    X