• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Business Tax account - CT section

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC Business Tax account - CT section

Evening, some questions about CT section on HMRC online business portal (don't use it much as CT is handled by accountant):

1) Is it normal for filed accounts to show 2-3 months later there, I only see the payment made around same time, so the balance is still in credit. Think it was the same last year, but turned out OK at the end.

2) All periods are showing as Live - is it expected, I would have assumed only the current period should be Live, and the rest Closed ?

3) I pay CT bill a few days in advance, HMRC then credit some interest which goes either to Repayments/Reallocations or Adjustments ( e.g. as "Permanent overpayment").
    Then around 7 years ago, I paid £50 less than was needed due to typo in amount, this went to Adjustments as "Not currently being pursued".

Do I need to do anything about this petty interest / debt, where can I see current balance which these adjustments affect ?
    Dashboard normally shows balance as £0 and I don't think I received anything from HMRC in regards to that underpayment.

Working...
X