• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC CD Rom - moving data

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC CD Rom - moving data

Hoping someone can look at their system & help!
    We had a house fire which completely trashed the home last weekend.
    The hard disk from the main computer appears to be intact - amazingly because it was next to where the fire started & the top of the computer is actually melted!
    Anyway, a friend has got the disk working! Can someone tell me how to move the employer CD Rom data from one computer to another. I can't get at the disk till Saturday, when I am back in my home town, and can get hold of a new HMRC CD, no issue, but need to move the databases onto my laptop for the moment.
    All the rest of my data I can move myself, no issue, I just want to spend the bare minimum of time stripping off the databases onto the new computer, and would rather not re-enter the data, unless I have to!
    As I couldn't sleep tonight - I thought I would email & ask for help off you guys instead!

Working...
X