• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ER and going back to work as a sole trader.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post

My primary distributions were made in May 2021 so in theory TAAR would apply. However, with everything I've been through I think I've got a case for TAAR not applying due to what is known as "Condition D - Intent". The intent was not to gain a tax advantage but to go perm. When that didn't work out I retired for over a year.

From their own website: "HMRC can only displace this self-assessment where the individual’s decision is not reasonable."

I hate it when it's not black and white.
    you could *cough* work now, and invoice after May *cough*. Just make sure there is no evidence of 'trading' prior to May.

IANAL - TIPF
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
    X