• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MVL Timeline? 16 months so far

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MVL Timeline? 16 months so far

Hi all Anybody else trying to close their company via MVL? I've waited over 16 months so far since the case was registered on HMRC. How long is it taking? My insolvency company is blaming HMRC which will make them worse than the Home Office and having googled it, I'm getting no information from the media. This is what it says on companies House...

"Case number 1 — Members voluntary liquidation
    Commencement of winding up 11 January 2021"

About the same here. It is HMRC that are dragging their heels and we've (us and advisers have) just assumed that they are going to sign off on the nod. All the money is long gone and I'm paying the ER this year. That is based on professional advice that HMRC have failed in their duty to respond in a reasonable timeframe. IANAL, IANAA.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

There's a couple of fairly recent threads on the same theme:

https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...yone-else.html

https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...clearance.html

TLDR - you're not alone. HMRC fell way behind on MVL clearances when Covid first hit, not yet showing any signs of recovering. Different liqudiators dealing with it in different ways.

Comment

I'm over two years and waiting - also the same with respect to the delays being blamed on HMRC.

Comment

Mine took 2 years and 2 months from initiation through to final wind up.

Comment

Thanks for the reply from all of you. It really helps to know we are not alone in this HMRC mess and that we don't need to take out our frustrations on the liquidators.

Comment

Yes, HMRC can take a very long time but if you have assets way in excess of liabilities it is possible to do an interim distribution in the MVL and then pay the balance and final sign off at the end. You may well have wait 2 years for the final sign off.

Comment

Working...
              X