• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dedicated home office. How much to charge LTD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gisp View Post
    So far I have been using the actual cost of my non dedicated home office, based on proportion of the home area, electircty and heating. Not far from the flat rate.

Moving home and I will have a dedicated office. How much do you normally charge your LTD? I am thinking charging the lower end of shared desk cost in a co-working space. Would this be OK?
    £6 per week I had been advised as well. In addition to business rates, I believe if you were to sell the property then your private residence relief may also be restricted.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
      Don't forget if your partner works from home they also can claim the home office allowance!
      Surely not if they work for your limited company though?
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post

Surely not if they work for your limited company though?
        Still claim it back, just not via the LTD which is what I think Blue meant. Anyone can claim it, not just LTD owners.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/money-men...me-tax-relief/
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

£6 a week:

1. Doesn't sound worth the bother.
          2. Is surely more likely to get HMRC sniffing around your company.
          3. Is the sort of thing that in my opinion makes some contractors look a bit grubby.

I have spent a few grand on my home office a nicer place to work from during lockdown - it also makes my home a nicer place so I am happy with that.

Comment

Working...
          X