• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Account in Euro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account in Euro

Need a bit of advice.

If I go for a contract on the continent (client offers around 600 € per day)- would it be better to open a additional account in euro (bank says it is possible) or just keep one acount in pounds and transfer € - £ every time an invoice is paid. Then if I need money to support myself on the continent, the same will go in opposite direction € - £. Having Euro seems to be a better option - but how to deal with all the exchange rates and paper work like balance sheet,, etc..

Cheers,
    lolo

I've had a euro bank account for a while and found it costs about £20 every time money is moved from £ to € or € to £ (€ to € transfers are about €0.75). Used to do the frequent transfer of small amounts but now do fewer transfers of bigger value.

My advice is have a € account and transfer money in bigger values (if you havent spent it all on high living in €land). This way you also get a beter exchange rate (ie commercial rather than tourist)

Cant help with the accounting stuff though.

HTH

Phil
    What goes around comes around

Comment

Working...
    X