• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Closing down + removing home address from Companies House : in which order ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing down + removing home address from Companies House : in which order ?

Hi there,

I'm about to close down my Ltd company.
    My registered office address has always been with my accountants (Crunch), but I made the mistake of using my home addresses as the service address throughout the years.

That means there's a record of each of my past addresses in the wild and I want to fix that, starting with my current home address for now.
    I'm aware of the removal process with Companies House and the SR01 form, but not sure if it's best to do it after or before closing down:

Option 1. Submit SR01 before closing down.

The main advantage is that my home address will be reliably scrubbed from the record.
    The main issue is that I need to provide a new service address to replace the current one.
    Crunch says they won't let me use them as their service address even for a short time.
    It means in theory that I'd need to :
    - submit an SR01 request (possibly a more expensive one if there's now one more document the home address is in)
    - wait for removal and only then proceed with closing down.

That seems like a load of faff. TBH I'm tempted to use Crunch's address against their advice : since I'm closing down immediately after, what's the big trouble and what are they gonna do ?

Option 2. Submit SR01 after closing down.

Pros : Seems much simpler and cheaper, as CH won't require a new service address in this case, I don't need to hunt for a service address provider, or delay closing down.
    Cons : CH says they will only remove "part" of the address.
    SR01 form : "For a UK address, we’ll hide part of your address and only keep the first part of your post code for public inspection."

First part of the post code is fine, but does anyone know what they mean by "we'll hide part of your address" ?

Whatever they do will remain in the public record forever, so I don't want to try that route and find out too late that they'll remove flat number + house name but not house number + street name, or the other way around !

Any advice ?
    Cheers
    Last edited by frenchdude; 25 August 2021, 18:03.

Working...
X