• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ltd co startup cash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ltd co startup cash

Can anyone advise if I can/should pay a small amount of cash (£500) into my ltd co account (and how the accountants handle this) - I need some funds before my first invoice is paid to start paying out a few business expenses from the ltd co which I cannot do as a personal claim.

Originally posted by reginald
    Can anyone advise if I can/should pay a small amount of cash (£500) into my ltd co account (and how the accountants handle this) - I need some funds before my first invoice is paid to start paying out a few business expenses from the ltd co which I cannot do as a personal claim.
    You create a directors loan to the company. You can charge the company a reasonable amount of interest again the money you put in and take it out all tax free when you have some money in the company.

Comment

Any funds injected by you will be credited to your directors' account and this can be withdrawn in the future wirth no tax implications.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by mictech
        You create a directors loan to the company. You can charge the company a reasonable amount of interest again the money you put in and take it out all tax free when you have some money in the company.
        Of course you can't withdraw 'tax free' any interest that you have charged for this money.

Interest paid to you by your company on fund that you have lent it, is taxable on exactly the same basis as interest paid to you by the Building Society on funds that you have lent them.

tim

Comment

Working...
        X