• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lawyer recommendation for writing up contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lawyer recommendation for writing up contract

I've been fortunate enough to release a piece of software (video game) that has done well enough to work full time on it. I'm paying a friend royalties for the time that they work on it with me but need to get this down in a contract - especially so as to avoid any IR35 issues. Any recommendations on a lawyer to contact who could help do something bespoke?

Well done for getting a game out and getting an income from it.
    Worth having a chat with QDOS and maybe some local law firms? In the past I've used both for a contract so the IR35 and the legal side are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by krytonsheep View Post
      Well done for getting a game out and getting an income from it.
      Worth having a chat with QDOS and maybe some local law firms? In the past I've used both for a contract so the IR35 and the legal side are correct.
      Thanks for the response. I already tried QDOS and they told me to find an independent lawyer!

Comment

Working...
      X