• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help / Advice Needed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help / Advice Needed!

Hi All, I am new to the forum - having isues getting paid via CHAPS every Friday from CXC UK Ltd, and decided it may be a better option to leave the managed Ltd Company before the April doomsday! (they keep fluffing payments and I get paid late and no its nothing to do with the client or agency - they are paying bang on time!...)

I have seen a few places that will setup and "manage" on your behalf - Liberty Bishop to name one, anybody have any experience with them or can suggest alternatives? (Nixon Williams?)

I am 3 contracts in and can foresee we being a contractor for at least the next 24 months, so any help would be great!
    Thanks in advance!

The April "doomsday" will apply to any managed limited service. In order to receive dividends from a limited company you will need to have complete financial and administrative control over it which is not possible through a third party. Therefore the only options that will be available to you once the proposal has become law will be PAYE via an umbrella company or setting up your own personal limited company. As far as I could see the legislation had no loopholes so I don't think there will be any 'getting round' the new law. HTH
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jordanis3r
      Hi All, I am new to the forum - having isues getting paid via CHAPS every Friday from CXC UK Ltd, and decided it may be a better option to leave the managed Ltd Company before the April doomsday! (they keep fluffing payments and I get paid late and no its nothing to do with the client or agency - they are paying bang on time!...)

I have seen a few places that will setup and "manage" on your behalf - Liberty Bishop to name one, anybody have any experience with them or can suggest alternatives? (Nixon Williams?)

I am 3 contracts in and can foresee we being a contractor for at least the next 24 months, so any help would be great!
      Thanks in advance!
      I have had the unpleasent experience of going through Liberty Bishop.
      My close friend also had bad experiences with them as well.

I got very frustrated with bad customer service, ignorant staff, missing faxes, and paper work, misunderstandings with almost everything and to top it all off expensive charges.

Personally, i would not recommend them to anyone.

Comment

I know Nixon Williams are very good!

Comment

thx guys - any more input?

Comment

Working...
          X