• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

invoicing dodgy software purchases

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

invoicing dodgy software purchases

On of my friends just came back from India and brought me back some software which ...umm lets just say is not exactly above board.
    I want to pay him..but obviously he can't invoice for the software. what's a "creative" way to pay him?
    I thought of "lunch with a potential contractor". and pay the"cost" of the lunch? Which is partially true as there is someone there I want to hire.

Sal.

There's always the tax free £150 per person christmas party thing.

Comment

Corporate entertaining is not deductible for CT nor reclaimable for VAT. It hasn't been for 20 years. Only staff
      entertainment is reclaimable and only if there are no non employees/spouses present (or their attendance is incidental)such staff entertaining will usually result in a BiK charge, the Xmas party being the exception to this.

So unless you want to claim that this guy is your partner, I would look for another route.

tim

Comment

The value of the software is very small. about £20. so Stationary could be the way to go?

Sal.

Comment

Stationery
          Why not just give him 20 sovs out of your back bin?
          If you're a contractor, you can afford it.
          I spill more than that on a good night....

Comment

Elvis you clown

Give me your company name and I can make a quick earner of 50k by going to FAST
            All for the sake of 20 quid ...
            LOL

Comment

Give me your company name and I can make a quick earner of 50k by going to FAST
              Okay this will make you even laugh louder...what the heck is FAST?

My company name is Barclays. :b

I thought the cost would be about £200 but after conversion it works out to much less than that...but more than £20. Maybe David Blunkett has some ideas?

Elvis

Comment

Working...
              X