• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Home net connection...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home net connection...

At the moment I am sticking this through the accounts as I'm claiming I need it for business (my web and e-mail server runs on it).

Does this need to be declared on a P11D as I'm not sure how to apportion it for the cost.

I seem to remember a figure of no more than 15% personal use is accepted, although IANAA.

Seems to me if you are running your own servers from home then you should be OK. Don't forget your fire suppression system and physical security measures...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

.. and don't forget frequent backups !!!! Disk crashes are hell.
      What goes around comes around

Comment

It has a few RAID5's in it with offsite storage

Yes, I am a geek.

Comment

If you're running several servers, if blade remember your cooling cabinets; or tower, remember your wall-mounted a/c.

And UPS - had a power outage yesterday for 25 minutes but didn't matter as I have about an hour's worth...

MSDN can go through as well.

Draw the line at MS FLight Sim X though!
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Don't forget to claim for all the back up media i.e CD's and DVD's.

Many years ago I claimed for all the tapes (VHS) I had to use.
            Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Working...
            X