• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ltd Co take over bid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ltd Co take over bid

I received a letter from Solomon Hare asking if my co. is open to a take over?

Their client has " identified my co. as being of interest. They have a long track record of building and running successful IT businesses and is interested in blah blah. They are well resourced and flexible as to transaction with the capability to move quickly."

Then they ask me to contact them.

Not being in any way accounts, financially, entrepreneurially oriented, what is this all about?

Anyone else out there who has received the same or similar??

Cheers.

being cynical it sounds like a scam. No one starts talking about this sort of thing through a letter.

Solomon Hare seem real though. Check the letter details against them.

unless you happen to have a significant business other than as a contractor ?

Comment

Being duped!

Link to Solomon Hare - Deleted

Comment

Re:Solomon Hare

They're chartered accountants so it seems genuine enough on the face of it - if they aren't then you can report them

Comment

Re: Re:Solomon Hare

If you company is not substantial then it may be that someone just wants you trading name.

Comment

re

Cheers fellas.

No, nothing other than contracting. And figured the same about introductions through letter - having said that, not sure how else they would have introduced themselves.

Thing is, they haven't researched too well since one look at the website would tell them "contractor". (I don't have a site that says We at Ltd Co, blah blah, We pride ourselves..........and then proceed to list a mobile number. It is effectively set up and geared towards agencies)

So all in all, very curious. Will let you know if I hear anything else.

Best.

Comment

Re: re

I have to fight major takeovers all the time. Dorling Kindersley tried last week, they're just worried the boot will be on the other foot next year.

Comment

re

I'm in esteemed company then.

Comment

Working...
                X