• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Payroll duplicated FPS submissions, accountant messed up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payroll duplicated FPS submissions, accountant messed up

Hi Guys, in the previous year, I asked my accountant to start PAYE for my LTD company and put myself as the only employee which they did. Four months later I fired them for incompetence. Recently (a year later) I realized that through all past months they were submitting FPS on the last day of every month with my income, and they still do it. They set it in their automated system and forget about it. I contacted them and it looks like they sorted the previous year, but I still have their records in the current tax year in my HMRC web panel.

During that time I was submitting FPS by myself, so it turns out there are duplicated records in HMRC and my income shows as double.

I contacted HMRC but they didn't have any advice for me other than to contact my former accountant.

Is there a way to remove their records or turn them into 0 or to remove the one I send or turn them into 0?

Thanks

Your old accountant can do a EYU (Earlier Year Update) for the previous year (sounds like they did this).
    They can also do an update in the current year by submitting an amended FPS reflecting the correct values - zero.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      Your old accountant can do a EYU (Earlier Year Update) for the previous year (sounds like they did this).
      They can also do an update in the current year by submitting an amended FPS reflecting the correct values - zero.
      Thanks for your reply.

Yes, they fixed previous year already.

They submit amended FPS for current year with 0 values but they show as new records instead of amended old ones. In the result, the amounts stays the same. Screenshot tax-year-2020-2021 — ImgBB.

Any clue how to fix that with them or by myself?

Comment

Working...
      X