• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prosperity4 an Employment Management Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prosperity4 an Employment Management Company

is this true?

Are EMC’s effected by the new legislation set to come into force this April, which prevents the claiming of expenses?

P4 things not.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

I have a mate who works through P4 - he's had an email from them claiming nothing has changed as far as they are concerned

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot
      is this true?

Are EMC’s effected by the new legislation set to come into force this April, which prevents the claiming of expenses?

P4 things not.
      P4 are an umbrella Company, and like all umbrella Companies will be affected by the new legisation. To what extent is not yet clear but what is clear is that the days of "expense" claims are numbered.
      P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Originally posted by kirk
        I have a mate who works through P4 - he's had an email from them claiming nothing has changed as far as they are concerned
        Nothing has changed - they still going to rip him off and offer no protection when hector comes calling

Comment

They are only saying nothing will change, until the week after april 5th and suddenly there will bring in some new rules.

Don't be a fool they are string you along to get as much dosh out of you as possible. Do some research and have a plan and some options.

Comment

P4 must think that one word helps them escape Gordo. Do they really believe that the word "Employment" before Management Company means that they wont be affected.

It just means that they are even more stupid that we thought. What rights do employees have to offset expenses against their income.... NON!!!!
            These cowboys are half the reason why Gordo has got the hump, their pictures of officious or stupid looking tax inspectors, 24 quid for lunch etc etc. Gordo's new law is a great thing if it shuts down companies like this.

I must have had angry beans for supper!!!!

Comment

Really?

Originally posted by simonsjdaccountancy
              P4 are an umbrella Company, and like all umbrella Companies will be affected by the new legisation. To what extent is not yet clear but what is clear is that the days of "expense" claims are numbered.
              Hi Simon
              I thought that the Treasury had excluded umbrellas from the changes suggested? Am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley
                Hi Simon
                I thought that the Treasury had excluded umbrellas from the changes suggested? Am I wrong?
                Yes - umbrellas are specifically mentioned in the pre budget doc. Highly unlikely the Govt will change this in my opinion.
                P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Their consultation period is supposed to end this week - far too short in my opinion and an indication that the IR were only doing the consultaion to tick a box - they never had any intentions of changing the legislation. They will then implement what they set out to do which will make the MSC's a very unattractive option. I also suspect that there will be a round of court cases which the IR will win also in the same way they did with IR35.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                  X