• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

accountants moving

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

accountants moving

my accountants are moving some work out of uk, will my paperwork be safe or should i consider moving my ltd co to another accountant
    Last edited by futurama; 16 January 2007, 22:22.

Originally posted by futurama
    my accountants are moving some work out of uk, will my paperwork be safe or should i consider moving my ltd co to another accountant
    You should make a stand and move your account elsewhere
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I guess it would be OK as long as they pass on the benefits to you and compensate you for any lowering of the quality of service Sounds negotiable.

Comment

Somewhere nice like a tax haven, or somewhere nasty like India?
        Drivel is my speciality

Comment

no there is no mention of any reduction of fees because this move will mean an enhanced service!!
          not sure i am happy for my paperwork to be sent out of uk, will mean making copies so i can duplicate if anything lost and i am way too busy for that malarkey
          guess i'll have a look around near to home if i have to get used to new folk
          thanks

Comment

Originally posted by chuddy
            I guess it would be OK as long as they pass on the benefits to you and compensate you for any lowering of the quality of service Sounds negotiable.
            Except when they stop answering the phone and you cant contact them. More ball ache than visiting the local offices if they are in the canaries.

Comment

no there is no mention of any reduction of fees because this move will mean an enhanced service!!
              not sure i am happy for my paperwork to be sent out of uk, will mean making copies so i can duplicate if anything lost and i am way too busy for that malarkey
              guess i'll have a look around near to home if i have to get used to new folk
              thanks
              If you are using them as coy registered address then I think it has to be a UK postocode.

Leave them. Not like there is a shortage of decent accountants.

Comment

thanks for the replies

heard today that operations will be in malta, not for me thanks, so looking for a local accountant because all the people i am used to dealing with will be laid off, not good for them

Comment

thanks for the replies

heard today that operations will be in malta, not for me thanks, so looking for a local accountant because all the people i am used to dealing with will be laid off, not good for them
                  Ahhh - that is different - I was looking at setting up my company in Malta.... who is the astute agent?
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                  X