• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LF Equity Income (Woodford)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    I don't think Warren Buffet has ever said he is a superstar investor. His mantra has always been the marvel of compound interest. In simple terms, if you invest in American Equities and stay in (don't jump about) then after a number of decades you will be a multi-billionaire. It's this belief that accounts for the huge share of tracker investment.
    I don't think anyone accused him of saying that(?)

That's some might impressive compound interest though. The IPO for Berkshire Hathaway A class shares was $19 in 1964. They're now worth $335,720.00, 55 years later. Compound interest of, say 5%, each year would put the expected investment at 19*1.05^55=$278.

Also the "you invest" for a "number of decades" and "multi-billionaire" makes some pretty heroic assumptions about your starting pot.

Comment

Keep up with the times!

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      some pretty heroic assumptions
      The growth rate would be 19.5%. However I'm concerned you are doing this old-fashioned facts thing. People didn't vote in Don Trump or Boris Johnson because of facts. People didn't vote for Brexit and Sovereignty because of facts. My story sounds good, That's all that matters nowadays.
      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X