• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sajid Javid set to curb ‘entrepreneurs relief’ in Budget

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    None of those ****ers mention that ER was introduced after unlimited Business Taper Relief was eliminated - they already massively increased taxation with that and ER was supposed to offset at least some of this day light robbery.

People made long term investment decisions and now likely to face situation when they’d have to sell quick.
    Yup. Article above makes a similar point. If they do remove it altogether, it will hopefully apply to new companies only, but I’m not holding my breath.

Comment

st,

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Yup. Article above makes a similar point. If they do remove it altogether, it will hopefully apply to new companies only, but I’m not holding my breath.

They will give time till April 6 to sell at best or make it with immediate effect.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

They will give time till April 6 to sell at best or make it with immediate effect.
        My money is on, immediate effect for company’s with 2 or less employees- as per his HMRC masters

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          My money is on, immediate effect for company’s with 2 or less employees- as per his HMRC masters

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
          Best get hiring then.

Comment

Being completely scrapped according to the Sunday Times.

Comment

Story here:

Chancellor Rishi Sunak to snatch GBP3bn entrepreneurs’ tax relief to pay for the north | News | The Sunday Times

Comment

They'll raise CGT too at the same time, so it'll be a double-hit.

That's the trick Tories have been using since Osborne's days. It's not one hit, it's always two at the same time.

Comment

Will be gutted if this is scrapped
                  Fingers crossed it's not scrapped with immediate effect, and I have enough time to close company.

Comment

Originally posted by yMyjgT View Post
                    Will be gutted if this is scrapped
                    Fingers crossed it's not scrapped with immediate effect, and I have enough time to close company.
                    If they've really decided to scrap it, then it will be done with immediate effect.

Comment

If they've really decided to scrap it, then the cash will stay in the business and be drawn out at basic rate when I stop working.

Comment

Working...
                      X