• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taking an Annuity rather than Dividends - Scam/Loan Charge mk2?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the heron View Post
    Hi I'm lucky enough to know him through my family and to be honest that was the only reason I got his time, due to his stature I very much doubt I could afford his time overwise lol

He did take me through the legislation documents and showed me in writing, and after a discussion I really cant see anything wrong
    Great. Can you explain to me how annuities are taxed then and how the GAAR applies please?

Comment

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Lets just suppose(and this is a big ask) that the legislation says it is fine.

What would a user do when HMRC change the rules retrospectively?

That would only be possible if it's challenged to be tax avoidance though I believe - and must be beaten in court to that effect

Comment

I simply cannot believe what's just been confirmed to me - something I've suspected since being on here

I have on here to get advice from genuine contractors, but I'm appalled to discover I'm just speaking with HMRC full time moderators !!

Is this really where HMRC are placing their funds! which is tax payers money

This should be a forum for contractors, that's how it's advertised - not for a bunch of HMRC workers fraudulently posing as contractors

Disgusted

Comment

Dude, if you just want people to say go ahead, then fine, go ahead.

There's a sub-forum for people who did just that with the loan charge debacle. Maybe we can set up an annuities one too.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanensia View Post
              Dude, if you just want people to say go ahead, then fine, go ahead.

There's a sub-forum for people who did just that with the loan charge debacle. Maybe we can set up an annuities one too.

Hi HMRC do what you lie I had no idea HMRC had so much time on your hands - is your job really just to post on here all day

wow

Comment

Originally posted by the heron View Post
                I simply cannot believe what's just been confirmed to me - something I've suspected since being on here

I have on here to get advice from genuine contractors, but I'm appalled to discover I'm just speaking with HMRC full time moderators !!

Is this really where HMRC are placing their funds! which is tax payers money

This should be a forum for contractors, that's how it's advertised - not for a bunch of HMRC workers fraudulently posing as contractors

Disgusted
                I simply cannot believe what has just been confirmed to me - something i've suspected from your first post. You're an idiot.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  I simply cannot believe what has just been confirmed to me - something i've suspected from your first post. You're an idiot.

Really, well all your posts are about potential scammers when actually it's you that's the scammers posing as contractors sitting at your HMRC desk giving false advise

I don't need to abuse you, we all know what HMRC employees are like, that's why no one ever has found it interesting to meet one lol

Comment

Damn, we really need a popcorn emoji!

Comment

Originally posted by Amanensia View Post
                      Damn, we really need a popcorn emoji!
                      Like this one?
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X