• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

no credit history?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: no credit history

I moved to London in June of last year and was able to get a 0% credit card from Sainsbury's (12 months on transfers & purchases!) after about a month of looking around. As long as you are employed and do not have any *negative* credit history, you should be able to get a credit card - just don't expect a huge credit limit.

I don't know if this mattered, but I had lived in the UK in 2000 for 6 months, and managed to open a bank account then which I had left open all this time. I never had a credit card or my name on any bills.

ps - Sainsbury's is a supermarket over here.

Comment

Working...
    X