• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Soooo Confused

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ManYoo

Thanks Darren. Not that we needed luck against the once mighty Spurts. :lol

will just have to let Gordy have his wicked way with me
    Trust me, if you really are female, he won't give you a second glance. :lol

Comment

Re: ManYoo

If you're inside IR35 you will pay the same tax and NICS as a permie, less a little for running the company. It can't be significantly different (given the same gross income) - otherwise what would be the point of IR35 which after all is said and done attempts to ensure all workers pay tax at the same rate?
      Were you joking? If so, you put the smiley in the wrong place. The openly stated purpose of IR35 was to drive 60,000+ British companies out of business.

Had they wanted us to pay the same tax and NIC as a permie, they would have done that.

Instead it's much higher.
      Minimum 40% tax + 17.5% VAT + 20% NI. But obviously much worse depending on your expenses. The only country as far as I know where tax rate can go above 100%.

Comment

Working...
      X